World War IV Daily

10.01.2005

Welcome!

Welcome to World War IV Daily!

Thanks for stopping by. Here at WWIV Daily, my goal is to consistently and thoroughly update the reader on the rapid and often substantial daily developments in present-day geopolitics, specifically concerning the 'Global War on Terror' (GWOT) and its various sub-categories. However, I have decided to abandon the 'War on Terror' terminology in favor of a more accurate description of the circumstances and scale of this conflict, which I will refer to as The Fourth World War.

First coined by Eliot A. Cohen in November 2001, the term 'World War IV' has slowly caught on in the government and counterterrorism (CT) community, and was mentioned again by Former CIA Director James Woolsey in November 2002. In September 2004, Norman Podhoretz described the subject in great detail.

But no matter what you choose to call it, World War IV is being waged everywhere. Though some aspects are highly reported by the media, others are not. Public knowledge of the complexities and inherent historical depth of the conflict is sadly inadequate, as is the understanding of how long this war is going to last or--even more surprising--how long it's been waging.

Through links to news reports, contemporary research and analysis, and within the investigative blogging community, WWIV Daily is committed to expanding public knowledge in respects to the past, present, and future of this battle of epic proportions.

But let me take a minute to explain what WWIV Daily isn't. First of all, unlike most blogs, I will take a 'headlines' approach. Rather than long-winded essays on a specific topic, I will present a number of links concerning a broad range of topics. Each link will usually be accompanied by a summary of its significance, supporting information, or perhaps a small bit of commentary on my part. Other than that, I hope to keep this site relatively free of bias or opinion. I have little tolerance for unsubstantiated conspiracy theories or partisan talking points. Substance beats the hell out of style every day of the week. You can read the stories I link to and decide for yourself, and each post will allow readers to expand upon the issues via comments. I would love to see a heated--yet respectful--discussion community taking on news of the day.

As for those comments--consider this my 'Comments Policy'--however, I will not edit, redact, or otherwise censor any of the comments made by my readers. You are responsible for your own statements, and should you choose to be a moron, you'll damage your intellectual merit and credibility far more than I ever could. On the other hand, if you engage the subject in an intelligent, courteous, yet nonetheless passionate manner, you will find yourself welcomed and accepted by a company of individuals of similar caliber. I see it happen everyday in the blogosphere.

Another important matter is the issue of associations. These days, just linking to somebody's blog can get you in trouble if they happen to post a particularly inflammatory piece. Let me make this clear: Just because I mention, link to, comment about, or communicate directly with another blog does not mean I support their beliefs, statements, or opinions. However, if another blog is linked to or recommended, you can rest assured that I do indeed see some intellectual value in what they are producing, regardless of its inherent opinions, etc. Facts do not conform to the ideological boundaries that we so often divide one another with. You'd be surprised what you can learn from somebody completely different than you.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I am a United States citizen and a registered Independent. I deeply love my country and I wish the best for all of its citizens, regardless of race, religion, wealth, social status, political affiliations, or whatever other ridiculous label we use to segregate ourselves into a false sense of superiority over our fellow man.

I look forward to working on this blog and I'm truly excited for its possibilities. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail anytime.

Stay safe out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home